We are proud to announce that Dentistry on Officers’ Row now offers Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy (LAPT). This is a non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment for periodontal disease.
Periodontal disease, if left untreated, can result in:
- Increased risk of heart attack by as much as 25%
- Increased risk of stroke
- Problems controlling diabetes (type I and II)
- Respiratory and Pancreatic disease
- Digestive disorders
- Sore teeth and embarrassing bad breath
- Swollen, bleeding and sensitive gums
LAPT is fast, gentle and less expensive than periodontal surgery. The laser allows us to deliver the most precise, least traumatic periodontal treatment, so the patient will heal with less post-operative pain and risk of infection. Some soft tissue procedures can even be completed without anesthetic.